Sunday, February 24, 2013

Three Weeks Gone like...*snap*



So as I sat down on the beach to write this update a little Haitian boy walked in front of me, dropped his pants, and started to create pictures in the sand as he performed his God given function of urination.  :p lol

Anyways…week three is over!  The time truly has been flying by.  This week has been a week of testing…testing my patience, my willingness to be flexible, my strength (both emotional and spiritual), and testing my trust in Christ. 

As you know, God has called me to Haiti to work with the kids here as a Bible class leader and as an activity director.  Well, I think Satan has been trying extra hard this week to get me discouraged.  Almost every day this week, my “normal” routine was interrupted or canceled…without any control on my end.  The activities that I had planned for the kids were stopped due to injustice of the innocent and consequently my after school Bible times didn’t happen.  I felt in my heart this week what it truly means to have anger over the injustice of the innocent.  However, God is faithful and even in the difficult and stressful times He takes care of His kids.  

As I said I had a trying week, but my God does all things well.  Remember (I tell this to myself as much to you) Satan isn’t scared of the sheep.  He’s scared of the shepherd.  So as long as we stay with our shepherd, Christ, the Devil cannot touch us…and therefore anything he tries will fail miserably.   

I miss you all and I look forward to sharing with you next week how God proves true and faithful once again.

In His almighty service,
Shane

P.S. I know this was a super short and not very descriptive post…but that was intentional.  Please pray for me for strength, grace, and for forgiveness. 

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about!?! That was awesome!

    I appreciate your perspective...and your choice to see God, through the difficulties.

    "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations: knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing"...James 1:2-3

    Keep seeking and smiling for Jesus.

    Much love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete