Saturday, July 13, 2013

Craziness!!!



Oh man!!! These last few weeks have been crazy.  I’ve done everything from making a ten hour car ride in one day with half of that being with throwing up kids, to multiple trips to Port-Au-Prince for airport runs or shopping trips, to playing chauffer (a lot), to running into someone (more like I nudged him a tad), to eating eggrolls, to finally moving into my new room, to going to buy mattresses, to playing with kids, to going to Port-Au-Prince with the Montrouis soccer team, to getting called beautiful by a male Haitian police officer, to celebrating the Fourth of July, to my birthday, to blah blah blah.  You get the picture. I’ve been busy with a lot of things.  However, these last two weeks have been amazing to see God at work. 
Ever since this craziness started I’ve had multiple days in a row where I’ve had to awake at 4:30 and haven’t gone to bed until late.  God has been supplying an extra measure of alertness when on the road and an extra portion of strength for each day…also he’s provided a little bit of time each day for a power nap ;)  He’s given an extra amount of patients as having to deal with seven kids throwing up all over a van is not fun to deal with.  Fortunately I was one that remained without being thrown up upon...Sorry to Emily and Love who had to suffer that. God’s given wisdom when it’s been needed…both to myself and to the rest of the Giving Hope staff and God’s given protection to me as I have been on the road a ton.  
SO!!! Why has life been so crazy here?  Let me tell you.  When God’s children stand for purity in a world that is so caked by impurity the light that shines forth from that little bit of holiness is hated and despised.  The Devil doesn’t like when God’s light is shining forth in “his” world.  So the reason life has been busy is because Heather Elyse and Giving Hope Rescue Mission stands for purity.  We as a ministry have been under major attack from Satan because he hates what Heather has started here in Haiti.  We’re a bright light shining in such a dark place…and that’s why we’ve been so busy, because we’re in a war.
However even in the trials, even in the attacks, even in the times of seeming defeat, even in all of the crazy of things to do, like always, God remains faithful by keeping us sustained in Him and by continuing to fulfill His promise of never leaving or forsaking us and for fighting our battles when we cannot fight.  God is always with us, He always with me, and I just want to make a public declaration to Him and say,
“Thank you Jesus for being the one and only, most amazing God.   Thank you for keeping me constant in you and thank you for offering to me everything you have: love, joy, peace, patients, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, and temperance.  Thank you Lord for fighting for your children.”    
Please continue to pray for strength and wisdom for myself but for all of the GHRM staff. 

In His forever service,
Shane

5 comments:

  1. Great post Shane! It was encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

    Hebrews 4:16 - "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

    Love,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brother! I just LOVE reading your posts! I can tell, and am so thankful, that you are growing muchly in Jesus! And that is so exciting, and encouraging to me! God is so faithful! Philippians 1:6

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate your perspective Shaner.

    Keep seeking and smiling for Jesus.

    Much love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen son! Amen! The All Consuming Fire consumes the flames of Satan. We go forth unscathed.

    Love you,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Miss you all :)

    ReplyDelete